Has been taken rat poison, you must follow the following first aid immediately:
- Avoid being alone;
- Read the product label to see if it is recommended to induce vomiting;
- If vomiting is recommended, it should be done by lowering the head and pressing the base of the tongue with the handle of a spoon or similar object;
- Do not drink milk, water, alcohol or any other liquid;
- Immediately call 0800 722 6001 - Toxicological Information Center (CIT);
- After first aid, seek the nearest emergency room, taking the rat poison label or carton with you.
When you call Toxicological Information Center , it is important to know:
- Does it show symptoms of intoxication? Which are?;
- Ingested product and quantity;
- Was the intake accidental, intentional or forced?
- Do you usually use medications?
- Relief measures taken so far.
In case of rat poison poisoning, Do not induce vomiting.
- Victims fainted or convulsed;
- Victims with altered level of consciousness (drowsiness, agitation);
- Children under 3 years of age or elderly.