I took rat poison: what should I do?

Expert answer:

Has been taken rat poison, you must follow the following first aid immediately:

  • Avoid being alone;
  • Read the product label to see if it is recommended to induce vomiting;
  • If vomiting is recommended, it should be done by lowering the head and pressing the base of the tongue with the handle of a spoon or similar object;
  • Do not drink milk, water, alcohol or any other liquid;
  • Immediately call 0800 722 6001 - Toxicological Information Center (CIT);
  • After first aid, seek the nearest emergency room, taking the rat poison label or carton with you.

When you call Toxicological Information Center , it is important to know:

  • Does it show symptoms of intoxication? Which are?;
  • Ingested product and quantity;
  • Was the intake accidental, intentional or forced?
  • Do you usually use medications?
  • Relief measures taken so far.

In case of rat poison poisoning, Do not induce vomiting.

  • Victims fainted or convulsed;
  • Victims with altered level of consciousness (drowsiness, agitation);
  • Children under 3 years of age or elderly.