O topiramate, like any other medicine, has several side effects, such as:
- Neurological: headache, drowsiness, dizziness, nervousness, ataxia (loss of motor coordination), apathy, fatigue, speech disorders, abnormal thinking, vision changes, difficulty in memorization, mental confusion, agitation, paresthesia , on the skin), diplopia (double vision), nausea, language disorders, concentration / attention disorders;
- Psychological: depression, emotional lability, mood changes, aggressive behavior, psychotic symptoms;
- Gastrointestinal: nausea, abdominal pain, altered taste;
- Food: Weight loss and appetite;
- Hematologic: leukopenia;
- Renal: nephrolithiasis (kidney stones)
Topiramate should never be used unless it is prescribed by a doctor.